Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

As I reflect on 2011 I realize it's been a year of acceptance and appreciation for what I have. I have learned how to live with this new normal and view this new often purple, light headed, fatigued, tired and unfamiliar body with humor and patience. I'm settling into this new life style that is so foreign to my nature. I've learned to appreciate what I can do, because there are so many out there who have it so much worse. I've learned to educate myself on my illness and not be afraid to question my doctors. I've made so many new friends because of POTS that I would have never met. The support and sharing through the many POTS groups has given me the constant reminder that I'm not alone in this. POTS has changed who I am. My body may be physically worse off than the year before. But the person I'm becoming is definitely richer and better than the person I was before I got sick.

My hopes for next year are:
*A cure for POTS.
*A closer bond with friends and family.
*The willingness to trust God with the direction He chooses to make in my life.
*A miracle of healing would be nice.

Wishing all of you the best new year ever.

Inspired,
Michele

Romans 8:18
For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment